Going to the market in this pandemic and searching for a required product while remaining restricted to a budget can sometimes be a real mess. Every house nowadays requires at least one power tool, capable enough to handle regular day-to-day tasks.
Also, we wish that the tools we purchase should be cordless and powerful at the same time. This improves mobility and productivity on the go.
Today we will be unveiling the best cordless drill under 100. It’s quite challenging to find a product that fulfills all the checkboxes while remaining within only the budget of $100. We have evaluated some factors like power, compatibility, add-on features, and price. Based on these factors and thorough research, we have enlisted our top lineup for today.
Usually, most people buy cordless drills under 100 for their regular day-to-day drilling tasks. The sole reason is that they are cordless, compact and have enough power to provide the required backup. They are very versatile and compact and can easily cover all your tasks.
However, very few drills in this category have enough power to be used at harsh Job Sites. Cordless Hammer drills are great for heavy duty onsite drilling tasks. These are a few points to consider before buying a drill machine in this category:
Best Cordless Drill Under 100
- 1. CRAFTSMAN (CMCD701C2) V20 Cordless Drill/Driver Kit
- 2. Milwaukee (2407-20) M12 12V Drill Driver (Bare Tool Only)
- 3. DEWALT (DCD780B) 20V MAX Cordless Drill/Driver – Bare Tool
- 4. BLACK+DECKER (LDX220C) 20V MAX 2-Speed Cordless Drill (Includes Battery and Charger)
- 5. PORTER-CABLE (PCC608LB) 20V MAX Cordless Compact Drill
- 6. Makita (XFD03Z) 18V Lithium-Ion Cordless Driver-Drill, Tool Only
- 7. Bosch (GSR12V-300B22) 12V Max EC Brushless 3/8 In. Drill/Driver Kit
Our Top Picks for Best Cordless Drill Under 100
- Value for money
- Additional three drill bit set choices
- Compact design
- Brushless motor with dual speed adjustment control
- Max torque up to 1750RPM
- Precise drilling with adjustable clutch
- Included battery and charger
- Variety of add-ons
- Built-in LED light
- Dual speed control for better drilling
- 11 different adjustable clutch positions for precise control
- Powered by a 20V efficient battery
- Brushless motor for increased runtime
- Max output torque of 1700 RPM
- Compact and lightweight
- Ideal for long use
- Reduced stall effect
1. CRAFTSMAN (CMCD701C2) V20 Cordless Drill/Driver Kit
Getting a branded cordless drill in less than a 100 bucks is quite tricky these days. But thanks to CRAFTSMAN’s (CMCD701C2) that fulfils all the requirements. However, if you are willing to spend some extra bucks and purchase an extra battery, drill bit set or add-on tools like jigsaw, LED, and oscillating tool; you can easily add it to your purchase.
Variety of Configurations
Speaking of the configuration on this drill machine, it’s way more than your thoughts. There are many options to choose from according to your need and usability. For this drill, you can buy a battery set, and a screw bit set. Apart from that, you can buy some extra power tools that may help you better with your tasks.
Dual Speed Gearbox
The drill comes with a dual-speed gearbox. This enables the user to adjust the speed according to the requirement of an ongoing task. If you are working on some delicate work, like drilling a ceramic tile, use a low-speed range.
However, if you are doing beasty drilling, then choose a high-speed range. The motor is extremely powerful and capable of producing 320 unit watts output.
Fast Charging Enabled Batteries
The best part of buying this drill machine is that it comes with an included 20V lithium battery. So if you are purchasing this, you won’t have to spend any extra amount on further purchasing—the battery charges in less than 60 minutes. Also, the drill features a LED light to improve your vision in dark workspaces.
- 1/2 inch ratcheting chuck cordless drill with a large variety of configurations
- Dual speed gearbox with a max output of
- 320 unit watts
- Included battery and built-in LED light
- Long-lasting battery
- Three years limited warranty
- The LED is not bright enough for some workspaces
- Doesn’t include a belt hook, that may create a problem for some users
2. Milwaukee (2407-20) M12 12V Drill Driver (Bare Tool Only)
If you are in search of a bare tool only, then here’s the deal. This Milwaukee’s (2407-20) is the best 12V cordless drill. It’s very economical and is worth the price. You will hardly find a reliable product like this anywhere. This tool can deliver 275 lbs. of torque and is very nicely designed. It’s engineered to provide maximum comfort, thanks to the pistol grip.
Worth the Price
The tool is worth the nominal price tag. The product is very nicely designed. It is designed to deliver maximum drilling power while looking stylish at the same time. There are many such options available at best drills under $50, just in case you are looking for a real budget purchase. The bare tool is awe-inspiring. With a little more expense on battery purchasing and you are good to go.
Onboard Battery Fuel Gauge
The design features of this drill are not compromised despite the cheap price tag. The drill machine has a built-in battery fuel indicator that helps you to manage your drilling tasks efficiently. So you never have to run out of battery.
The Milwaukee (2407-20) M12 12V Drill Driver is super compact and has a height of only 18cms. It has a metal ratcheting chuck for increased durability. The chuck accepts 3/8 inch drill bit. The cordless drill design helps increase its overall productivity.
- 3/8 inch ratcheting chuck cordless drill
- A high output of 275 lbs. of torque
- Built-in LED light with firm pistol grip
- Compact drill design with metal body
- Five years limited warranty
- Requires some additional purchasing
- It’s not a brushless motor that means more power consumption.
3. DEWALT (DCD780B) 20V MAX Cordless Drill/Driver – Bare Tool
How is this even possible that we don’t enlist a Dewalt product while enlisting the best cordless drill under 100?
Undeniably, Dewalt produces the most durable drills in the market. They are super easy to use and come with significantly simpler designs. The machines are German manufactured and provide extreme reliability.
As discussed before, the company always makes a product that is designed to last ages. The built material is one reason for its high price, and the built quality nicely justifies the price tag. The drill can be used anywhere from home to harsh Job Sites. The drill is designed to provide the best drilling experience in all conditions.
Easy Add-Ons Purchasing
The company is now manufacturing more than 180 plus products. All contribute to form a productive ecosystem that gets you covered, despite whatever the severity of the task is. You can easily purchase additional battery sets, tough casing and different pcs drill bit sets.
Powerful Motor Meets the Reliable Design
This drill has a robust motor that features a dual-speed adjustment and can output up to 2000 RPM. The design is very lightweight and can easily reach close-fitting places. The grip is very comfortable and prevents fatigue, even after hours of work. A 20V battery powers the motor.
- 1/2 inch ratcheting chuck cordless drill with dual-speed control
- Exclusive onboard bit holder
- Able to output 2000 RPM
- Three years limited warranty
- Lightweight drill design
- Batteries and charger to be purchased separately
- Price is a little high compared to other brands with the same features
4. BLACK+DECKER (LDX220C) 20V MAX 2-Speed Cordless Drill (Includes Battery and Charger)
Undoubtedly! It’s the best deal ever.
Black and Decker LDX220C is a super cheap cordless drill. It comes with surprisingly great features and choices of tools to make a selection from. The price of this drill is super economical. Once you buy this, you don’t need to make any more additional purchases, as battery and charger are already included.
The top cheapest cordless drill of today’s article is BLACK+DECKER (LDX220C). The drill has an included battery and a charger that makes it a complete productive purchase. The drill is designed for everyday house tasks. And it is one of the top-selling product over the internet.
Add-Ons and Supporting Tools
There are four drill bit set options to purchase with this drill. You can choose between 10, 42, 66 and 109 drill bit sets. You can also buy a circular saw, extra battery, inflator, reciprocating saw or bare tool as per your budget and task requirement. The company manufactures many products that can easily be used with these products.
11 Clutch Settings
This cordless drill machine’s exclusive feature is that it comes with an adjustable clutch that has 11 settings. So based upon the requirement of ongoing task, the operator can easily adjust the clutch settings.
- Top cheapest cordless drill
- Included battery and charger
- Built-in LED light
- Dual speed setting and 11 clutch settings for increased control
- 3/8 inch vital keyless chuck
- Designed for light-weighted tasks
- Requires cooling after the heavy operation
miscellaneous performance issues arise from time to time.
5. PORTER-CABLE (PCC608LB) 20V MAX Cordless Compact Drill
Are you a feature conscious guy? Who loves to have excellent features and enjoys using them, presenting the brushless cordless drill under $100. One of the best deals on cordless drills. This porter cable PCC608LB can output up to 1700 max RPM with reduced stall effect. The overall drill design is very compact and lightweight.
Brushless Motor Design
The porter cable PCC608LB is powered by a brushless motor design. The brushless motor is very efficient and is designed to fulfil the needs of modern requirements. The brushless motor is much more proficient than a brushed motor.
They consume less power and provide more runtime and a longer-lasting battery. They tend to remain cooler even in heavy work conditions.
Compact and Lightweight Design
The design is an essential factor when considering to buy a personal power tool. The design helps the operator to prevent the fatigue element even after long hours of use. The drill machine has a length of 8 inches, and it helps the drill to reach tight places. The drill weighs 3.2 lbs.
Included Lithium-Ion Battery
The porter cable cordless drill comes with an included battery. The battery is a 20V lithium-ion battery. Due to brushless motor design and reduced stalling, the lithium-ion battery lasts much longer than standard batteries in cordless drills.
- Brushless motor design
- Included battery and charger
- Compact and lightweight design(3.2 lbs. only)
- Beautiful grey body
- Max torque up to 1700 RPM
- Drill bits may slip in reverse mode
- Recommended for light use only
6. Makita (XFD03Z) 18V Lithium-Ion Cordless Driver-Drill, Tool Only
A new great product from a great manufacturer, Makita. This is the best cordless drill under 100. Powered by an 18V battery, this robust tool can output a max torque of 2000 RPM. It also includes XPT technology. Overall the drill machine has nice design finish and has solid built quality.
Extreme Protection Technology (XPT)
Often the power tools are used at harsh Jobsite or workplaces, where water spills and dust debris are expected. Like most of the newly manufactured Makita power tools, this one has XPT technology. This allows the power tools to resist against dust and water. These features add to the durability and aids in the longer life of the tool.
Solid Built Quality
Usually, the good brands like Dewalt or Makita always make products that are solid and durable. That’s why they initially cost a little more bucks, but they eventually last much longer than the products that are bought cheap. With added XPT feature, all-metal gears, and aluminium gear housing, this tool can withhold workplaces’ harsh conditions.
Smart Engine Design
The engine of Makita XFD03Z is designed to meet the modern needs of drilling tasks. The newly designed engine provides improved performance. The 4-pole motor is capable of delivering 750lbs. Of torque.
This is an overall improvement of 25% from previous generation drills. The dual-speed control also allows the operator to control the speed according to the need for the ongoing drilling task.
- Built-in 4-pole motor design
- Extreme protection technology for improved dust and water resistance(XPT)
- Dual speed control
- Durable and reliable design. Made to provide best onsite performance
- Max torque up to 2000 RPM
- Includes a bare tool only, you will get all essential items with add-on kit purchase. However, that will increase the overall cost by almost three folds.
- Not possess a compact design.
7. Bosch (GSR12V-300B22) 12V Max EC Brushless 3/8 In. Drill/Driver Kit
Bosch cordless drill GSR12V-300B22 is the best choice for today’s article. It has too many features for relatively too little price. This deal is a complete kit purchase. It includes a drill, charger, battery and a case.
The best part is that this drill has a brushless motor for effective performance and longer-lasting battery runtime. Along with that, multiple other features make this drill the best choice for today’s article.
Complete Kit with Value for Money
The bestselling point of this drill machine is that it comes with a complete kit. It includes a battery, charger, drill driver and case. Also, it comes with different drill bit configurations. It’s quite challenging to find a branded drill kit at this price. Usually, you only get the branded bare tool at this price.
You get with this purchase a brushless motor that can deliver a max torque speed of 1750 RPM. The keyless chuck accepts a 3/8 inches drill bit that can be adjusted in more than 20 ways. Thanks to the adjustable clutch settings. This drill has 20 clutch settings for more accurate and precise drilling tasks.
The overall design of this drill machine is very compact, i.e., only 6 inches head length. It’s excellent because the powerful motor is housed within a very compact design that can easily reach tight spaces.
- Efficient drill design with brushless motor
- Dual speed control
- Precise drilling with 20 plus clutch settings
- Compact design
- Slightly angled drill chuck
- Direction switch is lost and can often bump into the wrong direction
- Cheap charging station to cut down the overall cost
Towards the end of this article, we would like to summarize all the points. First buying the right tool for yourself can be difficult at times when you have so many options available. We shortlisted the top seven products of our choice, selected carefully and drafted with utmost neutrality.
We have concluded that the best budget purchase is Bosch GSR12V-300B22. It has so many features and very reasonable price and quality. You can easily use it for average and above average tasks. You can also get a bare tool at this price range, i.e. DEWALT (DCD780B). It’s also a good option, provided you have a supporting battery and charger.
If you are a little low on budget and want the right product for regular household tasks, go for BLACK+DECKER (LDX220C). It comes with a battery and charger and has all the necessary features you need. Else, you can choose from other options if these don’t fit well. For any questions, reviews, and details, let us know.