Independent research on the industry’s best drill manufacturers almost often includes Milwaukee in a prominent position as one of the leading brands. The superb build quality, competitiveness, and outstanding longevity of the company’s products have earned them a stellar reputation in the industry. Drills manufactured by Milwaukee are typically the preferred option of experts, and the product lineup includes anything from lightweight, compact versions to heavy-duty SDS Max demolishing hammers.
No drilling job can’t be accomplished with a Milwaukee model, but choosing the best one might be challenging due to the wide variety of available models. Hence, to make it simpler for professional contractors and do-it-yourself enthusiasts to select the most appropriate Milwaukee drills for their projects, we conducted an in-depth analysis of each piece of equipment.
10 Best Milwaukee Drill (Full Comparison)
- 1. Milwaukee 2415-20 M12
- 2. Milwaukee Electric Tools MLW2504-20 M12
- 3. Milwaukee Cordless Drill, Bare, 18.0V
- 4. Milwaukee Electric Tools 2997-22
- 5. Milwaukee 2804-20 M18
- 6. Milwaukee 2803-20 M18
- 7. Milwaukee 2505-22 M12
- 8. Milwaukee 2801-21P M18
- 9. Milwaukee M12 12V 3/8-Inch Drill Driver
- 10. Milwaukee Electric Tools 2598-22
What We Look For Choosing the Best Milwaukee Drill?
Our Top 10 Picks for Best Milwaukee Drills
1. Milwaukee 2415-20 M12
The Milwaukee 2415-20 M12 12-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Right Angle Drill is a strong and adaptable tool for pros and DIY enthusiasts. Its right-angle drill’s small size and cordless operation enable you to operate in confined locations where conventional drills would not fit. It makes a perfect addition to your current Milwaukee tool collection because it can be used as a bare tool with any M12 batteries and chargers that are compatible.
Strong 12-volt motor: The Milwaukee 2415-20 M12, right angle drill, has a strong 12-volt motor that can provide up to 800 in-lbs of torque. This means you can easily handle a range of drilling and fastening operations.
Small design: The right-angle drill’s width of just 3/4 inches allows it to fit into small locations, making it ideal for various tasks, including carpentry, plumbing, and electrical work.
11-setting clutch: The 11-setting clutch gives you more control over the torque output of the tool and enables you to tailor its performance to the particular task and material you are using.
Variable speed trigger: This feature enables you to adjust the drill’s speed between 0-800 RPM, allowing you to match the speed to the application better.
Built-in LED light: Even in dimly lit environments, the integrated LED light illuminates your work area to improve vision and precision.
Ergonomic handle: The ergonomic handle is pleasant and enables prolonged usage without wearing the user out, making it ideal for lengthy work.
- Working in small areas is made simple by the compact and lightweight design.
- With the cordless operation, flexibility and mobility are improved.
- A strong motor provides impressive torque for various jobs.
- A clutch with 11 settings guarantees precise control of torque production.
- Visibility in low light settings is improved with the built-in LED light.
- Long-term use is made pleasant by the ergonomic handle.
- Compatible with the M12 battery system, enabling simple integration with the Milwaukee tools you already own.
- Bare tool only; battery and charger not included; customers without current M12 batteries and chargers may need to make extra purchases.
- It could not be as powerful as bigger, corded right-angle drills, making it less appropriate for demanding tasks.
- The 3/4-inch size can be too small for certain people for some tasks.
2. Milwaukee Electric Tools MLW2504-20 M12
At first appearance, the Milwaukee 2504-20 appears to be a relatively tiny drill driver, making it well-suited for do-it-yourself projects and excellent for usage in confined areas. Even though this is the case, the device may also function as a hammer drill and produce 25,500 strikes per minute (bpm). On a gadget that is only 5.1 inches in length from front to back, it is a stunning combination to find.
In addition to its impressive adaptability, this tool has a brushless motor that operates at 12 volts and is managed by Milwaukee’s RedLink Plus system. In addition to the 350 inch-pounds of torque and the 16 different clutch settings, this gearbox has two speeds, ranging from 0 to 450 rpm and 1 to 700 rpm.
For a hammer drill, the Milwaukee 2504-20 weighs a relatively manageable 2.3 pounds, and adding batteries adds only 7 ounces. There is also a belt clip and an LED work light; however, the belt clip is too near to the hand and can catch on work gloves. Luckily, the belt clip can be removed without much effort.
Two-speed gearbox: A two-speed gearbox gives you the versatility to handle various drilling and fastening operations by allowing you to move between 0-450 RPM and 0-1700 RPM.
Hammer drilling mode: This tool is adaptable for various applications thanks to the specific hammer drilling mode, enabling effective masonry and concrete drilling.
Built-in LED light: An integrated LED light improves sight in dimly lit working environments, resulting in higher accuracy and precision.
Ergonomic handle and design: The ergonomic handle’s plush comfort and well-balanced design let users work through tiredness and maintain a better grip over time.
REDLINK PLUS Intelligence: Its sophisticated electronic system communicates with the tool, battery, and charger to provide optimum performance and overload protection, extending the useful life and dependability of the tool.
3. Milwaukee Cordless Drill, Bare, 18.0V
A flexible and strong piece of equipment for various drilling and fastening tasks is the Cordless Drill/Driver Bare 18.0V. Its cordless drill/18V driver’s motor provides remarkable performance and mobility, making it a great option for DIY enthusiasts and professionals. It may be used as a bare tool with any 18V batteries and chargers that are compatible, allowing you to include it in your current power tool collection easily.
18V Motor: The Cordless Drill/Driver Bare 18.0V has a strong 18V motor that can handle various drilling and fastening jobs.
Two-speed gearbox: The two-speed gearbox allows you to handle various applications with accuracy and control by allowing you to move between 0-400 RPM and 0-1500 RPM.
3/8″ Keyless Chuck: The 3/8″ keyless chuck guarantees quick and simple bit changes, enabling you to transition between projects with the least delay.
24-position clutch: By giving you exact control over the torque output, the 24-position clutch enables you to tailor a performance to a particular task and material.
Reversible motor: This type of motor is ideal for jobs that call for driving and drilling since switching between forward and backward modes is simple.
- A strong 18V motor provides enough power for drilling and fastening tasks.
- A two-speed gearbox offers flexibility for a variety of jobs.
- Bit changes may be quick and easy using a 3/8″ keyless chuck.
- Precision control over torque output is ensured via a 24-position clutch.
- Comfortable grip and ergonomic design for prolonged usage.
- Reversible motor for more comfort.
- Bare tool only; battery and charger not included; customers without 18V batteries and chargers may need to make extra purchases.
- If a 1/2″ chuck is needed for a certain operation, the 3/8″ chuck size can be too small.
- Lacks several cutting-edge technologies in more expensive versions, such as brushless motors and electronic protection systems.
4. Milwaukee Electric Tools 2997-22
A high-performance, heavy-duty power tool set with unmatched power, durability, and adaptability is the Milwaukee Electric Kit. The M18 FUEL 1/2″ Hammer Drill (2804-20) and M18 FUEL 1/4″ Hex Impact Driver (2853-20) are both included in this set and are made to handle a variety of drilling, driving, and fastening tasks. An M18 and M12 multi-voltage charger, two M18 REDLITHIUM XC5.0 Extended Capacity Battery Packs, and a sturdy carrying bag are also included in the bundle.
POWERSTATE Brushless Motors: The hammer drill and the impact driver are equipped with Milwaukee’s POWERSTATE brushless motors, which offer a longer motor life, less noise, and higher efficiency.
REDLINK PLUS Intelligence: Its cutting-edge electrical technology ensures that the tools and batteries operate at their best while protecting them from overloads, overheating, and over-discharging.
Packs of REDLITHIUM XC5.0 batteries: The integrated M18 REDLITHIUM XC5.0 battery packs ensure the best runtime and performance by delivering more work per charge and more work during their lifespan than other battery packs on the market.
Compact and Ergonomic Design: The hammer drill and impact driver have a compact and ergonomic design for better balance, control, and comfort when used for extended periods.
Applications: The M18 FUEL Impact Driver is suitable for fastening operations like driving screws, nuts, and bolts, while the M18 FUEL Hammer Drill is perfect for drilling in masonry, concrete, and other hard materials.
- Construction of the highest caliber and endurance for enduring performance.
- Outstanding Amount Of Power And Torque For Heavy-Duty Applications.
- REDLITHIUM XC5.0 battery packs offer increased battery life.
- Intelligent electrical protection with REDLINK PLUS.
- For comfort and control, a compact and ergonomic design.
- Capable of being used for a variety of drilling and fastening activities.
- Comprehensive set that includes a travel case, charger, and batteries.
- Pricing point that is higher than that of certain competitors.
- Larger and heavier than certain solutions for small power tools.
- With some battery systems, the battery charging time may be longer.
5. Milwaukee 2804-20 M18
2804-20 is an 18-volt cordless hammer drill that Milwaukee manufactures. It is based on the 2803-20 model, our top recommendation. Although it has hammer action, the actual size of the tool has not changed, and Milwaukee asserts that it is the most compact option available in its category. It is still quite easy to manage, even though the weight has increased to 4.5 pounds after a 5.0 amp-hour battery has been installed.
The 2804-20 type motor provides a single speed of up to 2,000 revolutions per minute (rpm) and 1,200 inch-pounds (in-lbs) of torque, and the chuck on this model measures 1/2 inch. On the other hand, this model has driver torque settings that range from 14 to 24. According to the manufacturer, the hammer action is rated at 32,000 blows per minute for exceptional performance. RedLink connectivity, an LED work light, an extra grip, and a carrying loop are all standard features.
The Milwaukee 2804-20 hammer drill is a very effective instrument that can be purchased for an affordable price. But, to get the best possible performance, it is strongly suggested that you use batteries with a capacity of at least 5 amp hours; if you do not already own such batteries, the additional expense will be substantial.
POWERSTATE Brushless Motor: A POWERSTATE brushless motor, with a peak torque of 1,200 in-lbs, is included in the Milwaukee 2804-20 M18 FUEL 1/2 in. Hammer Drill, providing excellent power and extending motor life.
Two-Speed Gearbox: For effective drilling and riveting in various materials and applications, the hammer drill is outfitted with a two-speed gearbox (0-550/0-2,000 RPM).
All-Metal Chuck: The 1/2″ ratcheting chuck ensures the tool can easily perform heavy-duty work by offering maximum grip, bit retention, and durability.
REDLINK PLUS Intelligence: This cutting-edge electronic technology, known as REDLINK PLUS Intelligence, guarantees peak performance while shielding the tool from overloads, overheating, and over-discharging for longer tool life and dependability.
M18 Compatibility: All Milwaukee M18 batteries are compatible with the 2804-20 Hammer Drill, enabling customers to quickly switch between tools and increase runtime with a single battery platform.
Small and Ergonomic Design: The 6.9-inch length of the hammer drill allows for enhanced balance and control in confined locations and a comfortable grip for prolonged operation.
LED Work Light: The work area is illuminated by an integrated LED work light, ensuring maximum visibility even in low light.
Many Drilling Modes: The tool has three drilling modes (drilling, hammer drilling, and screw driving), making it versatile for various materials and applications.
6. Milwaukee 2803-20 M18
Choosing the finest Milwaukee drill from among the greatest Milwaukee equipment is not simple, but the brushless 18-volt Milwaukee 2803-20 drill driver performs exceptionally. It is well-liked among experts as well as among aficionados of do-it-yourself projects because of the reliability and durability it offers.
It has a half an inch diameter chuck and is a rather small drill. Because the drill has a peak torque of 1,200 inch-pounds, it can drive huge diameter bits with very little effort on the user’s part.
An auxiliary handle allows it to be grabbed with both hands, emphasizing the power supplied; nevertheless, the user may fine-tune the amount of force used when driving, thanks to the device’s 14 different torque levels. The integrated RedLink Plus technology from Milwaukee controls electricity to make the usage of batteries more efficient and to prevent overloading.
Although just having a one-speed setting, the drill’s rotational speed of 1,200 per minute makes it a speedy tool. A belt hook and an LED work light are included for your convenience. The drill weighs just a hair more than 2 pounds, but depending on its size, attaching a battery—which is not included in the purchase—will increase the total weight by either 1.1 or 1.7 pounds.
Power increases of up to 60%: 1,200-inch-pound torque LED on the foot of the tool for improved lighting in enclosed areas.
REDLINK Plus intelligence: maintains compatibility throughout the complete M18 system, assures optimal performance, and offers backup power to avoid damage to the instrument and battery during intensive uses.
REDLITHIUM XC5.0 Battery pack: provides more work per recharge and work throughout the pack’s life than comparable products from other manufacturers.
Many Drilling Modes: The tool has three drilling modes (drilling, hammer drilling, and screw driving), making it versatile for various materials and applications.
M18 Compatibility: The 2804-20 Hammer Drill is M18 compatible, meaning it can be used with any Milwaukee M18 battery. This makes it simple to switch between tools and increase their runtime with a single battery platform.
7. Milwaukee 2505-22 M12
The installation driver model 2505-22 from Milwaukee exemplifies the company’s well-known dedication to producing equipment for tradespeople. It has drilling and driving abilities in the usual in-line position, offset position, or at a 90-degree angle, and it comes with four replaceable heads to choose from.
The chuck model has a 3/8-inch diameter, and the hex drive has a typical 1/4-inch measurement. Along with a one-of-a-kind arrangement, they provide access to previously inaccessible areas. It measures a meager 5.12 inches in length and weighs only a few pounds (without a battery).
The brushless motor that runs on 12 volts from Milwaukee can deliver up to 1,600 revolutions per minute and 300-inch pounds of torque. RedLink control ensures that the maximum power is extracted from the two RedLithium batteries.
The Milwaukee 2505-22 installations drill is not a heavy-duty tool. Still, it is an essential piece of equipment for drilling and repairing operations in areas that are difficult to access.
OFFSET ATTACHMENT: The Offset Attachment allows for the greatest possible access to tight corners and does not harm or impair the surface of finished materials. At the same time, it is being used to secure.
RIGHT ANGLE ATTACHMENT: The Right Angle Attachment allows for effective drilling and attaching at an angle of 90 degrees, providing unequaled access in confined areas
VERSATILE: The All Metal 3/8″ Chuck and 1/4″ Hex Attachments Increase User Productivity by Providing the Versatility Need to Perform the Majority of Drilling and Fastening Applications Efficiently
MAGNETIC BIT HOLDER: The Magnetic Bit Holder is designed to save time and effort while switching accessories by holding several bits on board.
INLINE GRIP: The inline grip gives the user maximum control over the tool while facilitating easier access to areas that are difficult to reach.
8. Milwaukee 2801-21P M18
There are instances when you do not require the utmost level of power. Consider the Milwaukee 2801-20 lightweight drill if it makes sense to you to spend a little less money without compromising on the quality of the product.
2801 has sufficient power, runtime, and speed, and it may be purchased as part of a kit that includes an impact driver (model number 2892-22CT). Also, the price is significantly lower than that of an M18 FUEL drill.
Apart from the bare tool price of $139, we chose this model as the smallest drill available from Milwaukee due to its size. This one is among the most portable compared to other tools in its category.
Also, it possesses the qualities typical of tools in this area. You will still receive a brushless motor, a complete metal chuck, and a tool that weighs only 3.4 pounds with a 2.0 Ah battery. Moreover, you will have the option to purchase additional batteries. If you also get the 2850 impact driver, you’ll have a formidable beginning package for any professional you know.
Compact brushless motor: Its compact motor delivers great power and performance over a longer period and has a longer runtime.
M18 REDLITHIUM Battery: This high-capacity 18-Volt lithium-ion battery provides longer usage and rapid charging. It has a voltage of 18.
REDLINK Intelligence: State-of-the-art electronics ensure optimum performance while also providing overload safety.
All-metal gear case: This improves the tool’s longevity and lengthens the time it may be used.
1/2-inch metal chuck: A metal chuck with a half-inch diameter enables quick and simple bit replacements and enhanced bit retention.
LED work light: The work area is illuminated by an LED work light, which improves the worker’s sight even in low-light settings.
Ergonomic design: Offers a comfortable grip and improved control, both of which are beneficial during prolonged usage.
2-speed gearbox: The use of a 2-speed gearbox enables optimal control to be achieved in a wide range of contexts.
Compatible with the Milwaukee M18 system: Allows access to more than two hundred and eighty different M18 tools for more versatility.
- Excellent torque and speed are produced by the brushless motor, which has a high power-to-weight ratio.
- A longer runtime between charges thanks to the M18 REDLITHIUM battery.
- The metal chuck and all-metal gear case guarantee a long-lasting tool.
- REDLINK Intelligence guards against overheating or overloading, which might harm the tool or battery.
- Simple bit changes are possible because of the 1/2-inch metal chuck.
- Visibility is improved in low-light environments thanks to the integrated LED work light.
- The ergonomic design guarantees comfort throughout extended work hours.
- Compared to other manufacturers, the Milwaukee 2801-21P M18 Drill/Driver Set may be more expensive.
- Just the Milwaukee M18 system is compatible with the tool, which may not be appropriate for consumers who already have a variety of batteries and chargers from various brands.
- Lack of a battery indication Because the drill/driver lacks a battery level indicator, it is challenging to determine how much battery life is left when operating it.
9. Milwaukee M12 12V 3/8-Inch Drill Driver
The Limited Edition Milwaukee M12 12V is an addition to your robust, portable, and flexible toolbox. This drill driver is built to handle a wide variety of applications with ease, and its ergonomic design assures that the user will have the highest possible level of comfort when using it. This drill driver is sold as a bare tool, meaning you may add it to your current M12 tool collection without incurring additional costs for batteries, chargers, or accessories.
12V Power: Powerful enough to tackle a variety of drilling and driving operations, the Milwaukee M12 12V 3/8-Inch Drill Driver is a great choice for professionals and DIY enthusiasts.
The heavy-duty, all-metal 3/8-inch single-sleeve ratcheting chuck: Offers improved grip strength and lessens slippage to deliver dependable performance for accurate drilling and driving.
Lightweight and compact: This little drill driver is lightweight and 7.6 inches long, making it simple and less tiring for lengthy periods.
Two-Speed Gearbox: The drill driver’s speed may be readily controlled with a variable speed trigger and a two-speed gearbox (0-400/0-1500 RPM) for precise and effective work in various materials.
Built-in LED Light: Your work area is illuminated by the integrated LED light, improving vision and precision in low light.
Redlink Intelligence: Redlink Intelligence, a cutting-edge technology from Milwaukee, offers overload protection to stop harm to the tool and battery during demanding applications.
Limited Edition: Milwaukee lovers can acquire this Special Edition model since it has a distinctive look and premium emblem.
- Impressive performance may be achieved in a relatively small package thanks to a high power-to-weight ratio.
- An ergonomically sound design will keep the user comfortable and reduce tiredness even during prolonged use.
- A heavy-duty, all-metal chuck prevents bits from slipping out of the chuck’s hold and offers a solid grasp on the bits.
- The two-speed gearbox and the variable speed trigger provide variety and control.
- Visibility and precision are improved when working in low-light circumstances thanks to the built-in LED light.
- The technology known as Redlink Intelligence provides longevity and dependable performance.
- Your tool collection gains an air of uniqueness and collectibility with the addition of a Limited Edition model.
- Only the bare tool is included; an M12 battery, charger, and all supplies must be purchased separately.
- It’s possible that the Limited Edition model will only be available in limited quantities and will cost more than the regular model.
- Not suited for heavy-duty applications that require more torque or power output than the M12 platform can supply.
10. Milwaukee Electric Tools 2598-22
The Milwaukee Electric Tools 2598-22 M12 Fuel 2 Piece Kit is a strong and flexible combo that contains a 1/2″ Hammer Drill and a 1/4″ Impact Driver. It is part of the company’s M12 Fuel line of electric tools. This kit is constructed to accommodate the requirements of experienced tradespeople and novice do-it-yourselfers equally.
The M12 Fuel 2 Piece Kit is engineered with precision and uses materials of the greatest quality, which enables it to give excellent performance, durability, and efficiency in packaging that is both compact and lightweight.
Hammer Drill M12 Fuel: A potent 1/2 “Torque-producing hammer drill with up to 350 in-lbs of force is ideal for drilling and attaching in constrained places.
Impact driver M12 fuel: a small 1/4 “Impact driver perfect for various fastening applications and provides up to 1,300 in-lbs of torque.
EDLITHIUM Battery Technology: Long-lasting battery life provided by REDLITHIUM battery technology guarantees that your tools are always prepared for use.
REDLINK PLUS Intelligence: Sophisticated electrical technology called REDLINK PLUS Intelligence protects your equipment and batteries from overloading and overheating while boosting performance.
Brushless Motor: Effective and potent brushless motor for longer runtime, cooler operation, and increased tool life.
LED Work Light: Both tools include an integrated LED light to brighten dark work areas for improved visibility and safety.
Small and lightweight: Engineered for convenient usage in small places and easy portability.
All-Metal Gear Case and Chuck: Sturdy design to endure demanding job site circumstances.
- The M12 Fuel 2 Piece Kit’s excellent power and torque are delivered in a small package that enables users to take on a variety of applications.
- The REDLITHIUM battery technology used by Milwaukee guarantees longer runtimes and reduced downtime.
- The gear cases and chucks on both tools are made entirely of metal, making them suited for heavy-duty operation.
- REDLINK PLUS Intelligence offers improved safety by preventing overloading, overheating, and safeguarding your equipment and batteries.
- Both tools include an integrated LED light that makes it easier to see in dimly lit areas, boosting safety and accuracy.
- The M12 Fuel 2 Piece Kit’s ergonomic design guarantees user comfort and simplicity of usage in confined situations.
- The Milwaukee Electric Tools 2598-22 M12 Fuel 2 Piece Kit costs a lot, which can make it out of reach for certain customers.
- Although the M12 system provides exceptional performance and compatibility, consumers who have already invested in other Milwaukee battery systems would need to buy extra batteries and chargers.
- The M12 Fuel 2 Piece Kit, although being strong for its size, might not be adequate for some high-torque applications.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Milwaukee M18 Fuel Brushless Cordless Hammer Drill is, without a doubt, the greatest Milwaukee drill available today, according to extensive study and analysis. This drill is exceptional because it has a strong motor, a long battery life, and a wide variety of features that make it suitable for professional and do-it-yourself applications.
The M18 Fuel is simple to use and offers outstanding performance in various drilling and driving tasks thanks to its ergonomic design and user-friendly features. Its sturdy design, which can sustain hard usage, makes it a dependable purchase for any user.
The Milwaukee M18 Fuel Brushless Cordless Hammer Drill delivers the ideal blend of power, performance, and simplicity and is a top-performing tool overall. This drill will satisfy all your demands and exceed your expectations, whether you’re a seasoned builder or a DIY enthusiast.