Best Cordless Tools for Contractors (2021)
Being a contractor, you will never compromise on low-performance or underpowered tools. That is the sole reason the contractors look for durable and reliable power tools that don’t betray them in the middle of the work on Jobsite. These tools range from cordless drills, impact drivers, wrenches, circular saw, etc. Depending upon the usability and budget, one can choose between the available cordless tools option.
In our opinion, if you properly invest money in a good durable power tool and then maintain it properly, it lasts years. But, there are so many options available in the market right now that seem very appealing. Yet, there’s a catch in most of them. So we have researched thoroughly and will enlist the top 7 best cordless tools for contractors. So without any delay, let’s introduce ourselves with the best power tools.
- Durable and reliable built quality
- Five best productive tools
- Lightweight and 20V supportive batteries
- Best on-paper tool's specs
- Amazing comfort features for a premium feel
- 5-in-1 replaceable attachments
- One-click interface keyless chuck
- Adjustable right-angle attachment
- Black oxide drill bits lower friction and the generated heat
- Accessible bit case for easy organization
- Extreme protection technology prevents dust and water
- Ultra-compact build
- Lightweight and ergonomic design
- 50% more battery runtime and cooler performance
- Intelligent impact driver
Best Choice for Contractors:
So get this; this Dewalt cordless tool set is the best choice for today’s article. The built quality, responsiveness, and healthy alignment of tools for a perfect ecosystem. These little yet creative features on these machines make it worth buying.
Durable and Reliable Designs:
Throughout our all reviews on drilling nerd, we have reviewed tons of Dewalt brushless combo kits. Their repetitive emphasis is because they are truly made to last and provide extremely reliable performance during work.
Despite the fairly acceptable price tag, this Dewalt 20 V kit features five different tools. which are a cordless drill, impact driver, circular saw, reciprocating saw, and oscillating multi-tool. All of these tools are super fantastic in looks and performance.
- The high-performance motor in cordless drill delivers 300 units of watt out
- Impact driver and cordless drills are super compact and lightweight
- Quick blade replacement on a reciprocating saw
- The circular saw can cut at 45 degrees in a single pass
- Oscillating multi-tools have three-speed selectors to match the optimum speed with the drilling task
- The absence of brushless motor design causes it to drain more battery and to get warm under load conditions
- A little overpriced
Value for Money:
This driver drill combo is the best cheap option for today’s article. The reason is very simple. You get to have a full-fledge cordless combo set, and that’s from one of the top brands, i.e., Bosch. Therefore, this product is reasonably priced if the brand name, features, and built quality are considered.
40 Pcs Tough Drill Driver Set:
Now along with the casing, drill, and 5-in-1 assembly, the other takeaway of this drill is a 40 pieces drill bit set. The entire quality of the drill bit set is superb. Apart from that, the black oxide coating on drill bits provides lesser friction and less heat. This altogether increases the life of tools.
Compact and Lightweight Design:
The best part of buying a drill is the premium feel you get once you take hold of its comfortable grip. The tool itself is very lightweight and compact. It causes no fatigue while holding it for longer periods. Plus, it’s super compact to get in tight places.
- Value for money
- 5-in-1 design enhances the versatility with a one-click interface
- The built-in LED enhances productivity in dark conditions and has an afterglow function that illuminates for 10 secs even the LED is off
- A smart and improved chuck system keeps the hex bits tight and firm
Adjustable right-angle attachment
- Battery life is not satisfactory
Chuck need to be fitted properly and needs to be cross-checked
The power tools in this cordless combo tool kit are very robust. The impact driver can output a max of 2000 in-lbs. of high torque. The cordless drill is also equipped with hammer functionality and can produce 78-in-lbs. of torque.
The cordless circular saw is no less either and has the performance of the corded tool. The reciprocating saw can deliver 3000 SPM (strokes per minute). All together, these tools are super cool and very powerful.
This Ridgid combo kit comes with a carrying case that allows you to carry the power tools in style. There are many other features like belt hooks, extra removable grip, and much more.
Generation 5 Power Tool:
Modern times require modern tools to be more powerful, more compact, and more intelligent. That is why Ridgid introduces the five-generation cordless tool kit. These combo kits are engineered to deliver better runtime and more responsive performance. The kit is empowered by a 4.0 Ah hyper lithium-ion battery with triple protection and longer life.
- Powerful tools with comfortable design
- Best onsite power delivery
- Included comfort features for remarkable drilling experience
- Always buy these from the authorized dealer to claim a lifetime warranty
One+ 18v Battery:
The One+ 18V batteries are super responsive and have almost 175 products. The batteries are lithium-ion batteries, designed for super-reliable performance. These batteries are interchangeable on all supporting products. The batteries retain a charge even if placed idle for a longer period.
Extremely Useful Cordless Drill:
Among the most used contractor power tools, cordless drill undoubtedly has the first place from drilling, polishing, grinding, and much more. The cordless drills are super versatile and are the best investment for any contractor. The cordless drill has dual-speed control to match the speed with an ongoing task nicely.
Modish Green Color Exterior:
These tools have their signature green finish. This design finish is an intrinsic design feature of these drills to make them stand. The overall design is composed of metal and plastic mix, which nicely calms the price tag.
- Relatively affordable price
- Productive power tools for the contractor
- Auto-load chuck on impact driver for fast bit handling
- Tool-free blade change on the reciprocating saw
- Super reliable batteries
- Designed for average and below-average drilling tasks
Sub-Compact Brushless Design:
This cordless combo kit has a sub-compact design that allows it to reach tight places. The motor is a brushless design. This means more productive and efficient performance. Also, brushless designs produce less noise than brushed motors. In short, the tools provide better battery runtime.
This Makita power tool comes with an additional battery pack. This is a very attractive feature for contractors as they don’t need to carry chargers for most applications. Also, these power tools are powered by an 18V battery used in all of these devices.
The drills and saws have a black finish with a matching black battery. This makes it look very attractive and beautiful. The combo kit also comes with a soft black casing to carry the tools conveniently.
- Additional battery
- Beautiful black finish
- Interchangeable battery usage
- The ultra-compact and brushless design
- Up to 3000 SPM (strokes per minutes) by a reciprocating saw
- Intelligent assist mode on impact driver for more professional drilling
- Other cordless drills of the same category have hammer functionality, which is very useful for most the contractor
Powerful Drill Combo:
So this porter cable combo kit has two power tools, i.e., cordless drill and impact driver. For most of the users out there, these drills are sufficient, unlike in some demolishing. Also, the added tools are super durable, and their performance undoubtedly is awesome.
Nothing can beat the true comfort of soft and comfortable grips. The grips on both the tools in these cordless combo kits are very soft and easy to hold. They increase the grip and allow the drills to be held for an increased amount of time.
Easy Upgrade Possible:
Suppose you are interested and have the budget for that. In that case, you can easily upgrade the combo tool kit with an extra 20V battery or extra Bluetooth speaker. These upgrades are completely optional and can be opted if needed.
- Useful and lightweight tools
- Easy upgrade options
- A cordless drill can deliver 370 units of watt output
- The dual-speed mechanism allows greater versatility
- Compact cordless impact driver provides 1400 in-lbs. of torque or 2700 max RPM
- The included charger has satisfactory built quality
Added Vacuum Cleaner:
So as mentioned above, this cordless tool also comes with a vacuum cleaner. This means you get better cleaning and added tools in the included price. Nowhere in any combo kit would you find so many power tools and an included vacuum cleaner.
Durable Cordless Drill Driver:
The included cordless drill has 11 position clutch to adjust the right torque, which is best suited to the ongoing drilling task. The cordless drill also features a LED light to illuminate the dark workspaces and enhance productivity.
Worth The Price:
This combo kit has a very affordable price because it includes a circular saw, LED torch, cordless drill, a reciprocating saw, and a vacuum cleaner. The included vacuum cleaner has three times better cleaning systems and 75% more pickup on the carpet. The vacuum cleaner supports an anti-tangle brush bar.
- Better battery runtime
- Includes an efficient vacuum cleaner
- 11 positioning clutch
- Three times better cleaning system
- 75% better vacuum pick up on the carpet
- The included batteries are underpowered
Ideal for average and below-average use. not designed for heavy-duty work
Well! There are many options available in the market if you are considering buying a cordless combo tool kit. But the real problem lies in whether which one is the best cordless tool for the contractor. In this short user buying guide, we will help you figure out the easy steps to land the right product.
Getting The Job Done:
Ask yourself whether the tool you are buying, does its specs (on paper) will allow me to fulfill my tasks. The proper torque, clutch system, comfort features, and many more. These are a few of the features to consider before buying a cordless combo kit as a contractor.
The battery is an essential parameter while choosing a cordless drill. The right battery will help you stay productive and will let you complete the task on time. The underpowered battery will consistently irritate you as it won’t let you focus on the task.
The tool you purchase must have durable and reliable built quality. Most drills have all-metal gear and housing that helps to increase Jobsite durability. Also, many brands like Makita offer LXT features that support the tool against dust and water.
Finally, to conclude the discussion of today’s article. We reviewed our top seven best cordless tools for the contractor. The products reviewed suit a diverse range of users. From budget purchasers to heavy-duty professional users.
The DEWALT (DCK551D1M1) is the best choice for today’s article. However, it’s a little overpriced. Yet, it’s worth spending money on it. The five included power tools on this are super durable and are a quality purchase.
Bosch GSR12V-140FCB22 is the best cheap option for today’s article. It is a 5-in-1 tool as it has five different replaceable attachments available. Altogether it comes with a 40 pcs drill driver set which supports fast bit replacement. The tool is super convenient, adjustable, and tough. So it’s a good budget purchase for contractors.
The expert choice for today is Makita CX300RB. It has a stunning black finish, and the product includes an extra battery. The power tools are durable and compact for demanding everyday uses. The brushless motor delivers 50% more battery life, and the LXT feature prevents the job site’s dust and water. The tools have modern power management systems that ensure better power delivery.