Today we are going to review some of the great drill machines from Makita. We will be reviewing and comparing the top seven best Makita cordless drills. This easy and in-depth article will help you choose the right product according to your need and budget.
Makita is a renowned Japanese brand and is worldwide famous for its durable and outstanding products. Makita is very well known worldwide for its excellent quality power tools. Its manufacturing tools since 1915 and has a vast product lineup today.
While talking about the best drills in the market, it’s impossible not to mention Makita’s product. This article reviews some cordless drills from Makita.
Best Makita Cordless Drills
- 1. Makita XFD061 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Compact Brushless Cordless Driver-Drill Kit
- 2. Makita XPH11ZB 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Sub-Compact Brushless Cordless Hammer Drill, Tool Only
- 3. Makita XPH07Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Hammer Driver-Drill, Tool Only
- 4. Makita CT225SYX 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Compact Cordless 2-Pc. Combo Kit
- 5. Makita XPH07MB 18V LXT BL Hammer Drill Kit
- 6. Makita CX200RB 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Sub-Compact Brushless Cordless 2-Pc. Combo Kit
- 7. Makita XPH12R 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Compact Brushless Cordless Hammer Driver-Drill Kit
Our Top Picks for Best Makita Cordless Drills
- Includes hammer mechanism
- Sleek body with secondary grip
- Excellent comfort features with massive torque output
- Tri LED, all metal gear housing, side handle with depth gauge and much more
- Includes a single one time purchase of complete drilling kit
- Variety of configurations
- Worth the nominal price tag
- Compact and sleek body
- Brushless motor with satisfactory torque
- Premium design finish
- Includes impact driver and cordless drill
- Value for money
- Upgradeable to extra battery or screw bit sets
- Brushless motor with dual speed control and Assist mode
1. Makita XFD061 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Compact Brushless Cordless Driver-Drill Kit
So the first product that we will be reviewing today is a Compact cordless drill. It comes in a variety of configurations and is powered by an 18V battery. You can choose to buy different configurations of drill bit sets with this tool. This cordless Makita drill comes with a battery, charger, and a soft bag.
Efficient Brushless Motor
An LXT brushless motor powers the drill machine. LXT is an added feature in drills that enable the drills to resist water and dust. Thus, providing durable and responsive performance in all harsh conditions. The brushless motor provides a more relaxed and quieter performance. These motors also provide better and longer battery runtimes.
Complete Kit Purchase
This purchase’s takeaway is a Makita’s cordless drill, battery, charger, and soft bag. You can also add different drill bit sets as per your need and budget constraints. This means that with a single, one-time purchase, you are good to go.
The comfort features on this cordless drill set are indeed remarkable. The grip is very comfortable and allows gripping the drill’s handle with full control. The drill machine is also equipped with a LED light for better productivity in dark workplaces. The gear and its housing are made up of all-metal that delivers maximum durability at Jobsite.
- Equipped with Extreme protection technology
- Brushless motor with a max output of 530-inch pounds
- Efficient battery control with cooler performance
- RPM automatically adjusts with changing demands of the application
- Compact design and built-in LED
- Durable and robust built quality
- Not equipped with the levelling scale
- Trigger switch feels cheap
- The bag is too small to carry all the equipment’s
2. Makita XPH11ZB 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Sub-Compact Brushless Cordless Hammer Drill, Tool Only
This product from Makita is a cordless hammer drill and is a sub-compact drill driver. It has a max torque output of 700 RPM. The drill weighs only 2.9lbs with a battery. The operator can adjust the dual-speed control mechanism according to the application for precise drilling tasks.
The drill machine is engineered cleverly. It has too many features, and all are nicely packed in a compact housing that is very easy to handle. This Makita’s cordless drill is an ideal option for drilling in tight spaces, thanks to its 16′ long neck.
Dual Speed Control and Dual LED
Like most of Makita’s cordless tools, this drill also has a dual-speed control mechanism. You can choose the maximum output torque of 500 RPM or 1700 RPM, based upon the drilling task being performed. This allows better control and precise drilling. This drill has a dual-LED that is 50% brighter than other single LEDs.
Some safety and comfort features on these drills are:
- LXT design
- Rubberized grip
- Electric brakes
The electric brakes are very useful as they prevent bit stalling and breakage. Also, they provide very calm drilling performance on careful and fragile objects.
- Convenient 1/2 inch keyless chuck for fast drill bit removal
- Brushless motor design with dual speed control(500 or 1700 RPM ) and hammer mechanism
- Equipped with LXT and electric brakes for added durability
- Ultra-Compact design and built-in dual-LED
- Durable and very lightweight for long drilling tasks
- The new design doesn’t support older batteries
- The hammer functionality is not designed for real heavy-duty masonry tasks
- Battery not included
- Max torque is not satisfactory for some intensive drilling tasks.
3. Makita XPH07Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Hammer Driver-Drill, Tool Only
This one again is a Makita’s cordless hammer drill and is powered by an 18V battery. This hammer drill has many productive features like secondary optional auxiliary grip, depth scale, and belt clip. The best part of this drill machine is that it has a very reasonable price. You can purchase a 4 or 5 Ah battery additionally.
Hammer Drill Functionality
This Makita’s cordless driver has a hammer functionally. For those who don’t know what this is, we have a great collection of best cordless rotary hammer drills. Basically it’s an additional pounding effect on the drill bit combined with rotational force. This helps a lot in masonry works and is a very productive feature for some drill users. This cordless hammer drill can output a maximum torque of 2100 RPM.
Best-Selling Item with Reasonable Price
This is a brushless motor design and is powered by a cordless battery. Also, this features a hammer mechanism that increases the overall ranking of this product. It is one of the best-selling products online. And the best thing about this drill machine is that it comes with a very reasonable price tag concerning the excellent features.
Overall the drilling experience on this drill machine is fantastic. The machine can output colossal torque. And to nicely manage that, it is equipped with a secondary grip. Also, it has a depth gauge that allows you to drill precisely the right amount. The dual-speed control, three built-in LEDs, and ergonomic design make it one of the best Makita cordless drills.
- Brushless motor delivers excellent torque
- Nice and compact design
- Tri-LED and depth gauge with battery charge indication
- Included side handle for better grip
- Metal 1/2 inch keyless chuck
- Chuck may fall in reverse mode
- Battery and charger not included
4. Makita CT225SYX 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Compact Cordless 2-Pc. Combo Kit
Well! In case you are wandering to buy a Makita cordless combo kit, then here’s the best deal for you. This comes in an impressive price tag and includes a cordless drill and cordless impact driver. Also, it includes batteries, a charger, and a soft bag.
Cordless Drill Machine
The cordless drill is a simple drill machine. It has some added features to make it comfortable. Also, it has an exclusive adjustable clutch that enhances its versatility. It comes with a ratcheting chuck that prevents bit slippage and enhances bit retention. The drill has a 4-pole motor that delivers high torque.
Cordless Impact Driver
Makita cordless impact driver is a powerful tool that is designed to fulfill modern needs. Also, it has very high torque that makes it very useful for threaded fasteners. Comparatively, their bodies are more compact than standard cordless drills. Overall they are packed with substantial raw power that no one can beat.
What is the point of spending vast amounts on drill machines if you are not comfortable holding them? That’s the point why most branded drill machines focus a lot. These drill machines are equipped with very comfortable grips that make them holding easy and relaxing even after hours of drilling.
- Tri-LED with battery charge indication and reverse mode
- Metal 1/2 inch keyless chuck
- Worth the price
- Impact driver delivers up to 2900 RPM
- Brushless motor delivers excellent torque
- Cordless Drill can deliver 1900 RPM
- Both power tools are lightweight and durable
- They have very lovely grips for comfortable handling
- Less customization available
5. Makita XPH07MB 18V LXT BL Hammer Drill Kit
Consider, if you are not restricted to a low budget and looking to purchase a reliable device with one-time procurement, then this one’s for you.
Meet Makita cordless hammer drill kit, and it’s designed to deliver massive power while pleasuring a complete hammer drill kit. The drill itself is mighty and is equipped with all the performance features.
Power of Complete Drill Kit
The best part of this product is that it comes with all the necessary tools. This is very beneficial and productive. The reason is that most of the time, when you use the products from the same manufacturer, you receive maximum throughput and performance because of the engaging ecosystem. Thus, it’s a real plus point.
The batteries alone are a crucial and significant feature when considering cordless designs. If you have good batteries, you enjoy doing your tasks and remain focused on them. With bad batterers, you are nearly underpowered and can’t focus properly on drilling tasks. The included batteries charge three times faster and provide double battery backup.
Apart from that, these batteries also last up to 50% more than standard batteries. Big thanks to the brushless motor design. They are smartly managed by an efficient power management system that prevents overloading, over-charging/discharging, and overheating.
The motor is potent and electronically controls the battery. Also, it remains more relaxed even with heavy-duty drilling tasks. The motor allows various drilling applications with a dual-speed control mechanism.
- Electronically controlled Brushless motor
- Dual speed control
power of complete drill kit
- 18V LXT lithium-ion battery with battery charge indicator
- Can upgrade to 5Ah battery or downgrade to the bare tool only
- This tool is intended for heavy-duty tasks, as it is packed with a lot of torque
- This tool is not lightweight
6. Makita CX200RB 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Sub-Compact Brushless Cordless 2-Pc. Combo Kit
This is another Makita cordless combo kit that comes in a black design finish. This combo kit also has two power tools, namely Makita cordless drill and impact driver. The beautiful black finish on these tools makes them stylish and elegant. This combo kit has an add-on purchase option of extra battery and screw bit set.
Sub Compact Design
This product is one of the exclusive lineups of Makita that claims to manufacture compact and lightweight tools. These tools are compact. However, they are designed and engineered to provide much better performance than standard Makita LXT tools while being powered by only an 18V battery.
Beautiful Black Finish
This unique Makita lineup is designed in a beautiful black finish. This remarkable and exclusive feature doesn’t only make it stand out, it also exhibits a high-class design finish. The all-new beautiful black finish and sleek design make the overall look very premium and high-end.
Assist Mode (A Mode)
Apart from some exclusive features on Makita’s sub-compact series like sleekness, compatibility, and higher performance, it also comes with assist mode. This unique feature helps remove ‘screw cam-out and ‘cross-threading by slow drive until tightening begins. This exclusive feature is ideal for long-threaded fasteners.
- Stunning all new black finish
- Exclusive features like assist mode, sleek body, and higher performance
- Intelligent and efficient power management system
- 18V LXT lithium-ion battery
- Significantly lightweight
- Includes battery, charger, casing, and two power tools
- Users preferring briefcase-style case may not be satisfied with the included case
7. Makita XPH12R 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Compact Brushless Cordless Hammer Driver-Drill Kit
The final product of the best Makita cordless drill lineup is this sleek hammer drill. Although it looks like a regular cordless drill, it’s secretly equipped with a hammer functionality.
Many users seldom use this hammer functionality in regular day-to-day tasks. A standard rotary function is unable to complete the job. Otherwise, in heavy-duty masonry works, this functionality is widely used.
Reasonable Price with Available Upgrade Options
This product is priced very decently. You can also opt for other options in best cordless drills under 100. It comes with a charger, battery, case, and drill itself. The included case is briefcase styled. This drill machine has a possible upgrade to a 5Ah battery that provides better battery runtime.
High Torque Output
Although it’s not an impact driver, it still has a very high torque output of 2000 RPM. The added functionality of dual-speed control enables the operator to use this drill accurately. The brushless motor on this Makita’s cordless drill can output a max torque of 530-inch lbs.
The machine contains all-metal gear and gear housing for additional Jobsite durability and reliability. The drill contains an adjustable chuck for better control on ongoing drilling applications. The drill is illuminated by a dual-LED that actively illuminates the workspace.
- Dual speed control
- All-metal gear housing
- Brushless motor for more relaxed and efficient drilling
- Soft rubberized grip for maximum comfort
- May get stuck in hammer mode
Frequently Asked Questions
Thus, towards the end of this article, we reviewed some of the best Makita cordless drills on the market. They all are worth buying if they suit your budget and fulfill your drilling needs. These also include some of the best cordless hammer drills like Makita XPH07Z, a super durable and robust power tool.
Also, we enlisted some cordless combo kits like Makita CX200RB, which includes a versatile cordless drill and a potent & robust cordless impact driver. All that comes in a very nominal price tag. Thus, you can choose these as per your need. All others enlisted are also very durable and reliable cordless power tools.